16 universities ranked higher by high school counselors than college officials
- U.S. News and World Report analyzed its 2013 Best Colleges rankings results and broke down which top schools' reputations proved to be better among high school counselors than with college officials.
- According to the report, these schools are generally smaller research universities or known for their STEM programs.
- These were the 16 schools identified in the report:
- St. Mary's University of Minnesota
- Maryville University of St. Louis
- University of St. Thomas (MN)
- Biola University (CA)
- Polytechnic Institute of New York University
- Missouri University of Science & Technology
- Louisiana Tech University
- University of San Diego
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute (MA)
- Azusa Pacific University (CA)
- Edgewood College (WI)
- Loyola University Chicago
- University of Texas—Dallas
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Oklahoma State University
- Michigan Technological University
From the article:
"... The universities that are more highly ranked by high school counselors are generally either smaller research universities or schools that have heavy concentrations of programs in science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM). The universities that are more highly ranked by college officials than by high school counselors are all very large public universities—in some cases the top 'flagship' public in their state. ..."
- U.S. News & World Report Read More