8 ed tech startups looking to hit it big in Boston
The ed tech accelerator LearnLaunchX made a splash in Boston earlier this year when it began taking applications. Now its official first roster is set, and the first participants have been slotted for a three-month residential program, which involves $18,000 in seed funding, office space for four months, mentoring and strategic support, TechCrunch reports.
The fresh class of startups includes these eight companies:
1. Listen Edition—a public radio story curator that generates lesson plans for classrooms.
2. Createbiz—an online course and program provider with a mission to help creative entrepreneurs improve their businesses.
3. Gradeable—developers behind a tool for teachers that is intended to facilitate better, smarter feedback and lighten workloads.
4. Cognii—a grading power tool for essay feedback.
5. Empow Learning—a startup looking to help young students learn to use technology.
6. Countdown—a Common Core-oriented planning tool for teachers and districts.
7. EduCannon—an instruction tool startup that also wants to help teachers keep better track of students progress.
8. Intellify Learning—a project operating in stealth mode, but led by Chris Vento, a former CTO at Blackboard, WebCT and Cengage.
- TechCrunch Read More