Coursera gets $20 million in funding
- Coursera has raised $20 million in new funding, bringing their total to $85 million since April 2012.
- The money comes in large part from three university backers that the company did not reveal.
- The company also announced two new hires from Netflix.
The news of the funding comes as Udacity pivots to focus more on vocational training, a move that Coursera co-CEO Daphne Koller says could have value: "If Udacity [and edX] want to go in another direction, I think it’s useful that people are exploring different areas.”
- VentureBeat Online education startup Coursera nabs $20M more and lures two key Netflix vets
- Silicon Valley Business Journal Coursera lands $20 million in new funding, despite online education turmoil