Most Read Education News of the Week: Degrees, edX and Fox News
Feb. 22, 2013
If you were too busy to read the news this week, you may have missed Education Dive's posts about alternative credentialing options and edX's revenue interests for MOOCs. You'll want to read both of those, as well as why Fox News and No Child Left Behind drew criticism. It's all there at the links below:
- The death of degrees? 9 alternative credentialing approaches: Badges, certificates and new methods for translating skills to credits are challenging traditional views of college degrees.
- EdX developing plans to earn revenue from its MOOCs: Can the nonprofit MOOC provider become self-sustaining?
- NCAA fires staff, abandons findings after improper conduct in Miami investigation: Will the NCAA still penalize the school?
- Retired high school teacher's letter highlights limits of No Child Left Behind: The letter, written to professors, is a hot topic across higher ed.
- West Liberty University professor scrutinized for barring Fox News as source: The only other source banned on the "politics journal" assignment was The Onion.
Would you like to see more education news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Education Dive email newsletter!
- Photo credit:
- Flickr user (vincent dejardins)