About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a digital B2B media company that delivers news and original analysis to more than one million business leaders in multiple industries. We are a company founded on the belief that executives should have access to the content they need in a way that is intuitive and insightful, no matter the device. Industry Dive pushes the boundaries of modern journalism and marketing.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room. We even have weekly dog visits.
Industry Dive has been named an “Innovative Media Start Up” and one of the “Top 10 Hottest Publishing Start Ups.”
Industry Dive was selected as a "Best Place to Work" in 2015 and 2016 by the Washington Business Journal.
Your next opportunity awaits
We're Industry Dive, and we're changing the way business media is done. Currently, we need an editor to help lead our coverage of the education industry. We're looking for a sharp and talented journalist who wants to dig deep into the trends and storylines shaping the future of education.
You won't be regurgitating bland press releases here. You will get a chance to own a fast-growing digital product, build a trusted relationship with niche readers, and use all your journalism tools, from reporting breaking news to editing longer trend stories. You'll travel to industry events, interview newsmakers, and get to work in an exciting newsroom that gives you the freedom to showcase your creativity.
What you can bring to the table:
- A proven track record of reporting, writing, and editing on the business of education.
- Strong aptitude for interpreting and analyzing national and state-level education policy trends and analyzing data for a specific audience.
- Tuned-in instincts for selecting stories that impact the education business model, writing headlines, breaking news, and building an editorial product that resonates with a niche B2B audience.
- An interest in issues that impact a national audience of K-12 and higher ed administrators, including but not limited to the implementation of education technology, online learning trends, the transition to school 2.0, for-profit education.
- Comfort with social media and the ability to build an audience on twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to enhance the scope and reach of your work.
- Deadline-oriented time management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English or similar field.
- Experience level: 3+ years at a minimum with at least 2 years of education coverage.
Email Wendy McWhorter [email protected] your resume, cover letter and three clips.