ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
EL Education is redefining student achievement in diverse communities across the country, ensuring that all students master rigorous content, develop positive character, and produce high-quality work. We create great public schools where they are needed most, inspiring teachers and students to achieve more than they thought possible.
EL Education’s portfolio of instructional materials and coaching services draws on decades of deep partnership with schools and districts in our national school network—those implementing our school model—and in our family of literacy partners—those implementing our Language Arts curriculum.
Based on our founding principles of meaningful work, character, and respect for teachers, EL Education’s offerings transform teaching and learning to promote habits of scholarship and character that lead to high student achievement. In addition to success on standardized tests, EL Education students demonstrate critical thinking, intellectual courage, and emotional resilience; they possess the passion and the capacity to contribute to a better world.
EL Education, a 501c(3) nonprofit, was founded in 1992 by Outward Bound USA in collaboration with the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
For more information, visit ELeducation.org
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Product Manager, Digital and Print Content provides critical project management for EL Education’s curriculum product portfolio. Reporting to the Associate Director, Product Development, the Product Manager will be responsible for day-to-day project management of our K-8 Language Arts products and will support the development of the curriculum product roadmap.
In order to be successful in this role, the individual must have a solid understanding of the curriculum publishing process, possess excellent project management skills, and be able to effectively map product approaches that balance product requirements and customer needs. The ideal candidate has the adept ability to work within structures and yet can be nimble and creative when a problem calls for an agile solution.
This is a new full-time, national position, located in the New York City metro area.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage workflow of curriculum products from final draft to release, coordinating with internal teams and external consultants, and act as the organization’s liaison with print vendors and large districts.
- Project manage the end-to-end curriculum development process for new curriculum and related products.
- Liaise with production vendors.
- Oversee maintenance of curriculum throughout the life cycle of the products, working closing with the Curriculum Design Team.
- Manage project consultants and vendors in day-to-day operations, ensuring that work is aligned to EL’s perspective and needs.
- Act as the in-house expert on print and digital production, advise on ways to create the best possible product with the internal resources available, maintaining awareness of industry trends and a network of vendor and freelancer contacts.
- Manage curriculum and related content in EL Education’s Content Management System (CMS)
- Support the development of a product roadmap for current and new print and digital curriculum products that incorporate stakeholder feedback to ensure high-quality products.
- Oversee quality assurance of print and digital products.
- Oversee audits and review cycles on digital and print products to prevent, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyze customer feedback and make recommendations for product improvement.
- Research and identify potential solutions to production challenges (digital and print), and provide expert guidance to the Curriculum Design Team and Product Team about cost-effective, forward-thinking options for specific products or product lines to ensure on-time product launch.
- Provide internal support for teams as new products are developed, including creating and updating collateral and other materials and supporting special requests.
- A passion for EL Education's mission
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in K-12 curriculum publishing, digital product development experience is a plus
- Excellent external and internal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills. Aptitude for developing effective, metrics-based processes and structures to manage complex projects - within and across teams.
- Strong ability to identify, define, and prioritize problems to develop simple product solutions to customer needs
- Strong research and data skills
- Experience managing budgets and/or pricing
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Adobe CS
- Comfortable using various types of technology / platforms (i.e. Google apps/docs/Hangout/Blackboard/Smartsheets/digital assessment management systems)
- Must be a team player who is able to able to work with colleagues to achieve shared goals
- Sense of humor; flexibility/adaptability
- Entrepreneurial mindset and approach to problem-solving
- Basic knowledge of HTML preferred
Competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be reviewed until filled. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter in MS Word or PDF format by applying on our website.
In order for EL to accurately review your application, please attach these documents in MS Word or PDF format and do not include them into the body of the e-mail. The subject line of the e-mail must include “(Product Manager - Digital and Print Content).”
In your cover letter, identify the position you are applying for and how you heard of the job opening and EL Education.
No phone calls, please. EL will respond only to finalist candidates.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. EL Education is committed to equity across the organization: in services to our partners, in our workforce composition and practices, and in our organizational culture. EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, disability, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. EOE
VEVRAA Federal Contractor