U.S. News and World Report today released its 2012 list of the nation's best high schools. The final report, compiled using data from almost 22,000 public and private high schools across the country, ranked the Dallas Independent School District's School for the Talented and Gifted as No. 1. Virginia's Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology took second place, with another Dallas entry, the School of Science and Engineering Magnet, taking third.
Here are the top five:
1. School for the Talented and Gifted (Dallas, Texas)
2. Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (Alexandria, Va.)
3. School of Science and Engineering Magnet (Dallas, Texas)
4. University High School (Tucson, Ariz.)
5. International Academy (Bloomfield Hills, Mich.)