ACE general counsel dies in holiday accident
- The American Council on Education's general counsel, Ada Meloy, died in a Thanksgiving automobile accident.
- In a statement, the organization praised her contributions to issues including student access, campus diversity, and academic freedom since her hiring in 2007.
- For 28 years, Meloy also worked for the Office of Legal Counsel at New York University as deputy general counsel and, from 2005 to 2006, acting general counsel.
According to the Cecil Whig, Meloy lost control of her Honda Civic near Perryville, MD, on Thursday, crossing into the opposite lane and colliding with a vehicle in which two other people were injured. She was on her way to celebrate Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania.
- American Council on Education ACE President Molly Corbett Broad on the Death of ACE General Counsel Ada Meloy
- Cecil Whig One killed, two injured in crash near Perryville
Follow Roger Riddell on Twitter