Data analytics and US News rankings: The week's most-read education news
This week, Education Dive took a look at how Indiana's Ivy Tech Community College approaches data analytics — and its focus extends beyond simply tracking student progress.
Also in higher ed news, the latest edition of U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges was revealed Wednesday, and President Barack Obama launched a "College Promise" campaign and accompanying advisory board to support his push for free community college.
Meanwhile in K-12, we took a look at the rise of the AI-driven personalized learning and the questions it raises for educators.
Be sure to check out our look at 4 digital alternatives to paper textbooks and more in this week's most-read Education Dive posts!
- 4 digital alternatives to textbooks: Digital texts offer new instructional possibilities, but finding the best fit for the classroom can be tricky.
- Beyond student progress: How Ivy Tech is approaching data analytics: The Indiana school is exploring a range of uses, like tracking faculty outcomes and financial aid fraud.
- Princeton, UC-Berkeley top 2016 US News & World Report rankings: Williams College ranks as the top national liberal arts college and the United States Naval Academy is its top public counterpart.
- Obama announces 'College Promise' campaign, advisory board: The campaign is designed to tout the administration’s free community college proposal, as well as the range of others recently proposed or enacted.
- The new face of personalized learning is a computer: The rise of AI-driven personalized learning raises new questions for educators.
Would you like to see more education news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Education Dive email newsletter!
Follow Roger Riddell on Twitter