ISTE 2016: What you need to know from the K-12 tech extravaganza
We've got you covered on device deployment tips, VR developments and more
Last week, some 20,000 educators converged at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver for the 2016 International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Conference. Education Dive was on hand at the K-12 ed tech extravaganza to hear about the latest iteration of ISTE's standards, best practices in school and district administration, device deployment tips, and the latest ed tech products and innovations on display.
To make everything easier to find, we've compiled a complete list of our ISTE coverage below.
- Monday at ISTE 2016: Michio Kaku, new ISTE standards, and VR: Catch up on the sessions and all of the latest announcements from HMH, Pearson, Samsung & more.
- Tuesday at ISTE 2016: 21st Century administrators and 1:1 best practices: While the announcements slowed, the day still saw new cloud adoption research from CDW-G, new stats on professional learning from SIIA and more.
- District tech chiefs share 4 device deployment pitfalls [ISTE 2016]: A panel of California K-12 IT administrators talked about their own experiences with 1:1 device rollouts, suggesting a number of solutions for their peers.
- 7 ed tech tools to note from ISTE 2016: From programmable STEM robots to powerful adaptive, personalization and analytics platforms, you'll want to keep an eye on these classroom tools.
- 3 ways VR is poised to reshape learning [ISTE 2016]: The increasing affordability of headsets and growing familiarity with producing content in the medium will likely speed classroom adoption in coming years.
Would you like to see more education news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Education Dive email newsletter!
Follow Roger Riddell on Twitter