Online learning, charters, and amenities: The week's most read education news
This week, Education Dive took a look at 5 key takeaways from The Learning House's new report on today's online student, as well as 6 important charter details from a new infographic released by the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools and Noodle. Meanwhile, The U.S. Department of Education placed funding restrictions on floundering for-profit Corinthian Colleges, and the Schoology LMS raised $15 million in a new round of venture funding.
Be sure to check out our feature looking at whether lavish campus amenities are worth it and more in this week's most-read Education Dive posts!
- 5 key takeaways on today's online student: A new report from The Learning House offers a plethora of data on the latest trends in distance education.
- 6 charter details you should know from new Noodle, NAPCS infographic: The infographic is set to be released at this month's National Charter Schools Conference in Las Vegas, but we've got your first look here.
- Crazy campus amenities: How much is too much?: In the increasingly competitive battle for a shrinking student pool, many higher ed institutions are opting to glam it up. But is there more than meets the eye?
- Education Dept. funding restrictions may be death blow for Corinthian: The department has moved to restrict the for-profit's access to federal funding, which is 80% of its revenue.
- Schoology LMS raises $15M: The learning management system has raised $25 million to date.
Would you like to see more education news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Education Dive email newsletter!
Follow Roger Riddell on Twitter