Pinterest, MOOCs and free education: This week's most read education news
Readers were abuzz over education's answers to Pinterest, but MOOCs truly dominated the education space this week—from Colorado's failed for-credit option to Blackboard's new platform and Case Western Reserve University's shattered expectations. Check out our guide to 5 Pinterest-like education sites and more in this week's most read education news:
- 5 Pinterest-like education sites worth trying out: All of these sites focus on learning and curation, but could one of them really be the "Pinterest of education"?
- Blackboard breaks out a new MOOC platform: Is it too late to the game—or coming at just the right time?
- Case Western Reserve University MOOCs shatter expectations, influence traditional classes: The two professors involved are already applying what they learned from the courses to their classroom lectures.
- For-credit MOOC option flops in Colorado: Institutions and companies looking to charge for MOOC credits may need to rethink their game plans.
- Oregon could make university educations free up front: Here's the catch.
Would you like to see more education news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Education Dive email newsletter!
Follow Roger Riddell on Twitter