Readers couldn't ignore 12 tech trends sure to affect higher education, even as Los Angeles announced the beginning of its massive initial deployment of 640,000 iPads to students and questions surrounding MOOCs continued to make waves. Check out our feature on 12 tech trends higher education cannot afford to ignore and more in this week's most read education news.
- 12 tech trends higher education cannot afford to ignore: In his keynote for Campus Technology 2013, Case Western Reserve's CIO outlined the tech transformations that every campus should be ready to embrace.
- Los Angeles begins giving 640,000 students iPads: The plan will give the tablets to all students by late 2014.
- MOOC sign-ups: The secret to attracting new students: Survey reveals what brings the most online learners into a MOOC.
- Did access problems kill San Jose State's Udacity MOOCs?: The data aren't yet in, but there are likely explanations for why so many students didn’t pass the courses.
- Can MOOCs be both cheap and good?: Is mixing in traditional education the only way to reduce the failure rate in online courses?
Would you like to see more education news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Education Dive email newsletter!