This week's most popular news posts on Education Dive offered some enlightening details about what's going on in modern universities. Our look at schools' biggest challenges, as well as the oddest firing and suspension stories of the year, topped the list, and Khan Academy was right there with them, thanks to its new deal with Comcast. Catch up right now on those stories and more at the links below:
- The 8 strangest campus firings and suspensions we saw in 2013: One lesson: Unless they're the subjects you teach, stay out of politics and religion.
- Higher ed CIOs lay out 8 challenges facing their schools: From cybersecurity to leadership, these are the biggest hurdles colleges' top tech administrators see for their schools over the next decade.
- Khan Academy signs big deal with Comcast: The partnership will bring digital learning materials to low-income subscribers.
- Professor pushed out after prostitution lecture, students say: The University of Colorado at Boulder tenured professor is allegedly being forced into retirement.
- Who's the highest-paid college president?: At $3.4 million, one private school president leads the pack.
Would you like to see more education news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Education Dive email newsletter!