UW System reveals 3 presidential finalists
- The University of Wisconsin System revealed three finalists for its presidency on Thursday.
- The finalists include University of Wisconsin Colleges and University of Wisconsin-Extension Chancellor Raymond W. Cross, Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education Executive Vice Chancellor/COO Peter H. Garland, and Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education President Robert L. King.
- Six regents are expected to choose one of the finalists next Tuesday before recommending them to the full board on Thursday.
The president of the UW System effectively serves as CEO of a 40,000-employee, 181,000-student institution that brings in $6 billion annually. All three candidates are extremely capable, though Cross may be a favorite. Along with already being familiar with the system, he also helped created the new Flexible Option degree program for adult students and is currently in the position vacated by current UW System Pres. Kevin Reilly almost a decade ago.
- Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel UW System president finalists include UW's Raymond Cross Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/tablet/topstories/uw-system-president-finalists-include-uws-raymond-cross-b99175827z1-238466011.html#ixzz2pHFjyMXs Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter
- WKU Public Radio Kentucky Higher Education Official a Finalist for Wisconsin Job
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Pennsylvania State System executive a finalist for University of Wisconsin presidency
Follow Roger Riddell on Twitter