Most Read Education News of the Week: Technology, salaries and Sandy Hook
With the holidays in full swing, Education Dive's rundown of technology topics that we expect to be big in 2013 caught a lot of attention. Our university salary and dog features proved to be popular as well, but everyone seems to have MOOCs on their minds as 2012 comes to a close.
Find out what you might have missed out on in those posts, as well as the news about Sandy Hook and academic freedom and Learnist's new funding below:
- 7 education technology topics in 2012 that will be hotter in 2013—One year from now, will we still be talking about mobile devices, MOOCs and regulation? Bet on it.
- 10 universities with the highest faculty salaries—As budgets get pinched across academia, these 10 institutions earned the highest marks for compensation.
- 6 universities that use dogs to relieve student stress—Colleges across the U.S. and Canada are seeing more canines on campus around finals time to fight anxiety. Is your school next?
- Professor's post-Sandy Hook tweet sparks academic freedom debate—Conservative bloggers and columnists have taken the professor's tweet as a literal threat of violence against the CEO of the National Rifle Association.
- Grockit redesigns Learnist, raises $20M in new funding—The Pinterest-style online learning experience is starting to look less like Pinterest.
Would you like to see more education news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Education Dive email newsletter!